- Contact Friend (that’d be me) stating your desire for a Cadillac and requesting friends assistance.
- Inform Friend (yes, still me) that it does not have to be brand new. A slightly older model, as long as under a year, would be very acceptable.
- Make the process more difficult by informing Friend that delivery of Cadillac will only be required in a couple of months time, meaning that Friend cannot truly begin looking. Obviously, in a couple of months, said Cadillac’s age will be different and it might have been acquired by someone else entirely.
- Fear not, however, as Friend understands that in a few months, you will be at home for a while and can bond with your Cadillac more effectively.
- Phone Friend again and confuse her (not difficult – she’s a blonde) by changing your mind and insisting on as new a model as possible, stating you fear your cat may not approve of a pre-used Cadillac. Well, we all know that cats rule the roost, are decidedly fussy and prefer new things which they can mark freshly with their own scent.
- Inform Friend you would like her to go and view the potential Cadillac’s on offer with you. This is fantastic as Friend adores them and is very excited.
- Receive list of potential Cadillac Suppliers from Friend. Phone Friend and tell her you are going immediately to view a specific, rather fantastic sounding option, giving her no time to join you. This step is vital, as you would not want Friend to be entirely satisfied with the deal.
- Fall instantly in love with the first model viewed but ensure that you waste some time checking out other, less viable, alternatives before returning to your first choice. You have time to waste so why bother trusting your first instinct?
- Phone Friend and inform her that you have taken receipt of new Cadillac but that she may not yet view it herself, as it is having a few issues and requires a visit to the Cadillac Service Centre.
- After some Extensive Internal Servicing, finally invite Friend to view Cadillac.
May I introduce you to Cadillac, the latest adoption:
125 responses to “Your step by step guide to gaining a Cadillac:”
You had me all the way until I saw the picture ,splendid job. Cadillac is the Lamborghini of dogs by the look of his picture.
😀 glad I had you there. That’s why I could only put the pic at the bottom. I definitely agree about Caddie being the Lamborghini
hello long life cats and dogs its dennis the vizsla dog hay cadillac is verry verry kyoot!!! altho for sum reezon dada is singing sumthing abowt oh lord wont yoo buy him a mercedes benz i hav no ideea wot that has to do with a cadillac dog he is a verry strayndj persun!!! ok bye
Who knows Dennis, maybe I’ll find a Mercedes for him sometime 😀 I’m quite a fan of “strange” and have been known to sing that song quite frequently.
😀 Glad you like this model
So it’s not your Cadillac? Pooey!
Nope but, that’s what I do, try to match up the right homes with the right rescue animals, from the right rescue shelters. This time I’m lucky because, being a friend, I can watch little Caddie grow.
Pingback: Vital Cadillac Maintenance – Step 1 | Long Life Cats and Dogs
What a pawsum story…Mum n me were like ?What? while we waz redin & den Mum said….me finkz it iz about a 4legged…clever Mum!!!!
Caddie iz just about da cutest little pup we haz EVER seen!!!!
WE iz bery happy you were able to find him a ‘ferever’ home!!!! Well done!!! 2 pawz up frum Nylablue n Sherri-Ellen….
Clever Mom, figuring it out before the end 🙂 He’s one very happy little pup in his new home. All turned out brilliantly.
MOL you shure had her goin 😉 It waz fun to watch her az she read da blog to me!!! She kept sayin why iz dey talkin about a car…rofwl!!!
So glad I could make you laugh. It’s the best medicine – laughter.
Cadillac…you are cute!!
He is a cutie and I’m so glad he’s found such a wonderful forever home.
🙂 just want to snap him up and give a great big hug!!
He really is a cutie and is in such a good home. Great thing this time is, that because it’s a friend, I can get to watch him grow up
I’d love my cat Sparrow to meet Cadillac – would be so fun! 🙂
He’s gorgeous. Hope he got a home.
Little Cadillac is in a perfect home and, luckily, I get to visit him quite often. Just a gorgeous little cutie pie whom, I’m sure, would love your cat.