It’s true. I am, indeed, dumbfounded. Could it be true? Could I really be at a loss for words? Certainly my Mom would never believe it! Nonetheless, I find myself simply stunned by the generosity and extraordinary kindness of my fellow bloggers. I feel like I’m kicking the Oscars to the curb.
Of course you do realise that this means two things. Firstly, I have to embarrass myself, yet again (I’m definitely going to have to look into writing this blog from an animal’s point of view). This will happen after displaying my beautiful, new Award Decorations. Secondly, I have to work, again. See, you guys are making me use that 4-letter word. My mother is not going to be impressed. Tut, tut!
The Ralphie Chronicles recently bestowed upon me the
Golly, I’m tired already but in an elated kind of way. I get so over-excited about awards I can barely contain myself.
The work, of course, comes in the form of attempting to think of 7 things about myself (sorry Mom):
- I have an inherent fear of the kitchen. As a kid, when in trouble, I was always called to the kitchen, where the door could be shut. On the short walk there, I had to figure out all the things I’d done wrong, which one she might have found out about and, to be on the safe side, excuses for all of them. I do not like walking to kitchens!
- The first time I invited a boyfriend for dinner, I phoned my sister to find out how to boil an egg! I cannot remember if he got any food and, anyway, what was I thinking with boiled eggs?
- I am a terrible procrastinator, which is why, whilst I am supposed to be doing research (for an upcoming conference and workshop at which I am talking), I am busy writing this blog. See, it’s all your fault – never mine! It would have been just rude not to get a “Thanks for the Awards” blog out.
- I will be out of town during the coming week (for the above). This is not an invitation to break into my place and steal anything! It’s not that I’m possession driven, however, I have become slightly attached to what I have, so, if you could please leave it where it is, I would be eternally grateful.
- My Dad is convinced (or so he says) that he is from a different planet – called Zurgon. And my parents wonder why I’m not normal!
- I believe that laughter is extremely important – which is why I embarrass my mother so frequently.
- I also believe that forgiveness is vital – I hope my mother forgives me.
Right, that’s quite enough embarrassment for one day. So, moving onto a more pleasurable task, I am nominating 15 blogs, who, as I have no idea who has received what in the past, may choose whichever award/s they wish. I believe they all deserve them.
Now don’t go getting upset if your blog is not on the list. It’s not because I don’t think you are fantastic. I am simply trying to choose sites which I have not yet nominated. I promise, I think you are all brilliant! For the sake of the rescue animals, I hope there will be more and I can get to nominate everyone I love.