Moving on to better news. Firstly, I must say a huge big THANK YOU to all of my new found blogging friends, whose encouragement and good wishes for Chocy were astounding. It is incredible to see such support. We have been awarded two new, fabulous awards and are feeling quite immaturely excited.
Now for the difficult part. I have to list 8 unusual things about myself!?!?! Alright, I’m thinking, give me a break here…..wait…..it’s coming……whew, here we go:
- I used to be so shy I could barely talk to people (except for unknown neighbours). Now I post my life out on the internet – weird!
- My folks lost me at age 7, on a trip to London to visit relatives, because I decided a hedgehog was far more interesting than people, followed it through the hedge to the neighbours, then found a cat and decided to visit people unknown. Well, who could blame me, the room of relatives all had purple hair – how’s a 7 year old supposed to cope with that!
- I have an unrequited desire to drive a truck – one of those really big, long haul horse and trailer types. I love trucks!
- Back to the “shy” thing – in junior school, a chap ran over my foot with his car. I was so mortified by the attention that I denied the whole thing. I actually helped the driver look for what he might have driven over – couldn’t put my foot on the ground for months thereafter – silly child.
- I would love mornings, if only they would come a little bit later in the day.
- When he’s not with me, my husband phones me about 5 times a day. I just told him to get off the phone so I could finish this post. Bad me! Bad, bad, bad.
- I’m a girl but I hate shopping. Really, I hate it! My husband loves it – where’s the sense?
- I recently found out that I’m nuts.
Diverting slightly, the kindness shown by everyone reminds me of the numerous times I am asked how I can cope with working in the animal rescue field. My answer is always the same. Although it is true that you get to see the worst side of human nature and the cruelty that people can bestow upon what they perceive to be weaker than themselves (animals, children, women, etc), I also get to see the absolutely BEST side of human nature -the people who will give of their time, emotion, support and money unconditionally. Those people who work tirelessly for the good of animals in need, without a thought for their own gain. To me, it is worth the world. It is one of the most uplifting experiences anyone could hope for.
For my part, I will continue to work tirelessly assisting the shelters and attempting to grow the support for this blog, so as to raise the necessary awareness and funding for the shelters who will, if need be, keep animals for life. The shelters not only keep the animals alive, but provide them with a life. As an example, although Chocy is back at the shelter, she is not simply confined to a kennel. She is loved. She is taken for a walk, off the property, every day. She has bonded with both the owners and staff of the organisation. She is happy, albeit not in her ideal “forever” home.
Alright then, having rambled on quite enough, it is time to get back to the reason for this blog – finally! In the midst of the chaos, yet another Award was bestowed upon us. This is just outstanding and I would like each of the award presenters to know just how much this means. Each one counts. Each one assists in creating the awareness for which I am working. So, to One Spoiled Cat and Fluffy Popcorn, I thank you for the Blog on Fire Award. It is really beautiful and I am ecstatic! To Mollie & Alfie, thank you so much for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. This too, is gorgeous and we are overjoyed to have it. Thank you for your generosity and help. You are all fabulous!
Choosing people to whom these blogs should be passed is the really difficult part. I have chosen to pass it on to those who’s support was so appreciated through the Chocy ordeal (I have not included those to whom I have already passed on awards but please believe me, it does not mean that I do not believe you deserve it! I simply thought I’d send them to those I have not included before):
To the following blogs, please accept either, or both, of the awards you would like:
Europa’s IceWolf - A fantastic, mystical site, with real life questions – very different and well worth a view.
Granbee - A fabulous Mother, Grandmother, Dog Trainer and writer, finally returning to her roots in writing.
Dakota’s Den - Great stories of the daily “goings on” of a dog named Dakota (her Mom needs some good tidings today, so hop over and say “Hi”).
Easy Weimaraner – Superb stories from Easyrider, the Weimeraner and proud owner of two human slaves.
Serenity Spell - A wonderful trip through nature, with stunning photographs and an inherent belief in the good of human nature.
We Three Doxies - Brilliant photographs and stories of the lives of these “untrainable” Dachshund’s
2 Brown Dawgs - The escapades and fantastic photographs of 2 Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
I love Schnauzers - A brilliant foster parent for the Schnauzer Rescue Group, whose life “went to the dogs” on the arrival of foster dog Dieta.